Tuesday 31 August 2010

Still here, still sewing.

Although not quite as much as I would like! Trying to keep 2 energetic young boys entertained over the summer holidays limited my time for sewing, especially as they have both been ill with chest infections (one after another rather than at the same time!)

I did get a request to make a couple of PE bags for some little girls starting school in September. They are both made with babycord and are lined with the same fabric that their names have been appliqued in.



Last week we were supposed to meet up with a friend but Sam had quite a bad cough and felt poorly on the day so we had to cancel. To cheer them up we made super hero masks and capes. This one was a simple design in felt with a star applique in silver.



Not sewing but just as much fun were some ink blot t-shirts we did at the weekend. I found the instructions on Instructables. It was easy for them to do and so much fun that they wanted to do some bags as well. The fabric they used is still being turned into PE bags but here are the t-shirts.

Once school starts I will have a bit more time on my hands for sewing but not much as I am looking for work and have plans for cleaning and sorting the house while I have time!


2 comments:

Ann-Marie Dewhurst said...

Love those ink blot t-shirts! OMW Ds would adore that super hero outfit- he's obsessed with Increadibles atm.
Sorry to hear you've been poorly.
xxxx

A Time for Stitching said...

Your boys look chuffed with their shirts. You've certainly found some fun activities to occupy them in the holidays. I hope they are all recovered in time for the new term.
Teresa x