Saturday 10 October 2009

I have a confession........

I bought a new sewing machine 3 weeks ago! I was going to post about it but I haven't completed anything on it yet! I have spent lots of time getting to know it.

Unfortunately I have been battling with this pattern (Simplicity 3893) for some time now. It is not the pattern itself that is difficult but I need to do a full bust adjustment (FBA) on it as most patterns are designed for people who wear a B cup bra (which I am definately not!) As I have never done an adjustment before I have been finding it really tricky so for now I am going to put it to one side and concentrate on other things. Hopefully I will be back on track making things soon!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Nice pattern Mary.I hope you get it sorted soon, I hate doing FBA's too.

Ann-Marie Dewhurst said...

I tried to make a dress last month and went totally wrong on the waistband. arghhh. I've not returned to it yet. Just bobbed in to say hi really! xxx