Monday 8 June 2009

Mobius Wrap


I haven't been doing a lot of sewing (or crafting recently) and I really wanted to make something to cheer me up, so when I saw the June issue of Sew Hip I knew exactly what I was going to make...a Mobius wrap!

Mine was created with a jelly roll of batiks and prints. I found it a frustrating experience, not because of the pattern but because of the fabrics. There were significant variations in the lengths of the different fabrics (with the batiks being a lot shorter than the prints) and also along the lengths of the fabrics (which should be about 2 1/2" wide)

That said I would like to make another one, maybe a more colourful one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you like the pattern, I know I enjoyed designing that one. Well done for persevering with the batiks - looks very effective in the black and white.

Can't wait to see what colours you choose next!

KL said...

Gorgeous! It looks wonderful in the black and white!