Friday 27 March 2009

Stacks of colour



Today was my eldest son's 6th birthday party (time really does fly!) He was having a joint party at a local play place with a girl from his school class. We decided to do our own party bags rather than pay the £1.50 each child that they would charge us for theirs!

Now I hate trying to make up party bags, the stuff they sell in the shops specifically for them are rubbishy plastic toys that aren't particularly cheap when you have to buy 20 of them! I like to give things that I think will be used or played with and I struggled to find anything to suit, so what should a crafty mum do but make her own party favours!


Little notebook and pencil holders, I included a notebook and pencils with each one.


I did some boyish fabric, some girly and some neutral.


It was a great stash busting exercise, the only thing I bought for them (besides the notebook and pencils) was a bit more elastic as I ran out.

What do you think? I am thinking of making some of these for my shop.

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

They are fantastic Mary. I had already spotted them on your flickr. Much niccer than crappy plastic landfill toys!

Ann-Marie Dewhurst said...

Brilliant! Lucky party goers! xx