Sunday 13 January 2013

Fifty two weeks of happy - week one

I'm a bit late in joining in with this but I am stealing the idea from my friend - Lazy Seamstress.
I have not had a lot to be happy about recently, last year I went through some major life changes after the breakdown of my marriage and subsequent house move. This is why the blog was so quiet for most of last year, I barely did any sewing.
I have now moved house and we are settling into a new routine and hopefully will get back to the sewing soon!

Back to Fifty two weeks of happy - the idea is to come up with 4 things a week that make you happy. 

Here are mine for Week one.



1- The kids and I took a trip to the panto. I haven't been to the panto since I was a child but we went to see Peter Pan because a friend of my eldest son was playing the part of John in it. I haven't laughed so much in a long time!
2- My eldest son enjoying a go on an old fashioned Helter Skelter
3- An impulse buy! We don't drink espresso but the kids love having mini hot chocolate drinks in them!
4- a monster made by my eldest son, Sam. I have been trying to teach him to sew for years and he has never been that interested. One day he just asked if he could make something, he designed it on paper first and did the cutting and sewing by himself.


1 comment:

Jeanette said...

Yay! Good to see you back in blogland. Love the cups and Sam's monster is brilliant!