Friday 22 October 2010

Doing something different.


I have been really busy recently with one thing or another but it has meant that I haven't had time to sew for a while. The urge to do crafty things is strong though so I thought I would try something different for a change! I made tea cup candles. My idea originally was to make a couple for Christmas presents but they are such fun to make I thought I may make a few extra to sell at Christmas fairs. The wax used is soy wax which just washes out once the candle has been used so you are left with the pretty cup and saucer to use.

I have had great fun searcing out old tea cups at the charity shops and car boot sales and I have some really pretty ones yet to use. I would have carried on making them but I ran out of wax and need to order more. I will post pictures of the others once they have been made.

1 comment:

Jeanette said...

These are so lovely. I'm def going to stalk your craft stall and buy a few.