Monday 31 May 2010

More recycling

This time a pile of denim jeans. I have been saving all our old worn out jeans for a while to make into a denim quilt but instead I turned them into a bean bag! I wanted something hardwearing as it is for the kids outside (for when we do have the nice weather!)


I had to come up with a pattern myself as all the tutorials/patterns I found online would not fit the denim I had. It was easier than I thought, especially to sew, my Brother sewing machine copes a lot better with layers of thick fabric than my old Janome. Now I just need to make another one so each child has one! The only trouble is I have no beans left to fill the next one - I filled this with ones I scavenged from 2 old bean bag poufs I had!

2 comments:

Jeanette said...

Love it Mary!

A Time for Stitching said...

A great idea, and it will stand up to a lot of wear! My son has just had a sort out and, knowing me well, he didn't throw out his old jeans but gave them to me to recycle.
Teresa x