Sunday 13 September 2009

Back to school.


I am a bit late posting this but last week was such a busy week for me I didn't get much time at the computer!

The school holidays are over and my eldest son,Sam, went back to school first closely followed by his younger brother, Joe, who started to the pre-school there this week. I can't believe how the years have passed so quickly!

As they both take a packed lunch to school I thought it was about time I made some more sandwich wraps as I hate using plastic bags. I was orginally only going to make one for Joe as Sam already has a plastic tub I use for the sandwiches but when he asked me to make one for him too when he found out. Luckily they both picked the same fabric (which I originally bought to make something else!)


They are simply made with a layer of cotton and one of PUL and fasten with velcro, so much nicer than a plastic bag don't you think?!

3 comments:

cindygert said...

Mary,

You have some handsome boys. Are you free now during the day? I am. It is a bit of an adjustment for me. I have very mixed emotions about it. However, there is now plenty of time to sew....yea!!

Mary said...

Hi Cindy,

Unfortunately I'm not free, I went back to work a couple of months ago and my youngest only goes to pre-school on the days I work.
I don't think I would like being at home without him even if I could get lots of sewing done! LOL!

Oxymornic said...

They look so beautiful! Growing so fast!!!! We have to come and see you soon - really :D